Post Exposure Plan and Reporting
If an employee is involved in an exposure incident, the school nurse and site administrator must be contacted immediately.
- A First Report of Injury must be completed and forwarded to the Risk Management Office.
- The route of exposure and circumstances under which exposure occurred must be documented.
- The exposure incident will be considered a work injury and the Worker Compensation process will be initiated by the Risk Management Department.
- The employee will be sent to a qualified physician for evaluation and possible treatment, such as the HBV vaccinations series and follow up care.
- This documentation and medical information must be kept confidential and must be maintained by the District for the duration of employment plus 30 years.