Emergency/Spill Response Contact Information
APS Security - 303-367-3060
Environmental Compliance - 303-367-3000 ext. 28621
As members of the Environmental Compliance Branch, we are committed to fulfilling the Aurora Public Schools District’s environmental compliance responsibilities by developing partnerships with the community, through the use of prudent judgment, sound technology, innovation, and personal enrichment.
As members of the Environmental Compliance Branch, we will fulfill our mission through personal and organizational commitment to the following values:
- Teamwork: Approaching decision-making and problem-solving by involving all team members and customers.
- Initiative: Taking positive actions to accomplish our mission.
- Leadership: Promoting a strong work ethic for himself/herself which emphasizes self-discipline and self-motivation.
- Communication: Sharing and receiving information openly.
What We Do
The Environmental Compliance Branch is a team which manages numerous environmental regulatory issues. We strive to assist, maintain and improve ways to protect the District stakeholders and contribute to a positive learning environment. The responsibilities of this branch include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Hazardous materials management
- Asbestos management
- Mold mitigation
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- SDS program (web-based)
- Science chemical storage plan
- Chemical inventory program
- Battery recycling
- Radon testing
- Water sampling
- Mercury containing lamps and devices
- Respiratory protection program implementation and management
- Storm water regulation implementation using Best Management Practices
- District environmental awareness training
- Blood-borne pathogen training
- Confined space program implementation
- Avian deterrent and remediation
- Program development and implementation
- Documentation of all environmental programs and responsibilities
- Acid neutralization tank management for science departments
- Bulk fuel storage (UST/AST) management
- APS Executive Internship Program